As per the plan for PR arrangement, this week is allocated to have awareness sessions on evidence
collection for Criteria-wise Arrangement Committees (CAC). Relevant CAC of each department
is kindly requested to join for the meetings at specified dates and time given in the table. You will
be given clear instructions on what are the exact documents to be collected for PR.
Click here to view full notice
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the committee designed to ensure the total educational experience it offers is of highest quality at the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences (FAHS), University of Ruhuna.
Ensure high quality education and training in the fields of health care that is complemented to the international standards for the undergraduates of FAHS.
Continuous quality improvements in the fields of allied health sciences degree programmes and achieves standards of academic excellence through quality assurance mechanisms in terms of education, research and services
- The IQAC of the FAHS shall commit to establish and improve following 10 Criteria described in the policy guidelines through appropriate mechanisms.
- Governance and Management
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Teaching and Learning
- Learning Resources, Student Support and Progression
- Student Assessment and Awards
- Strength and Quality of the Staff
- Postgraduate Studies, Research, Innovation and Commercialization
- Community Engagement, Consultancy and Outreach Activities
- Distance Education
- Quality assurance
- The IQAC shall commit to improve the quality standards of activities they involve with.
- The IQAC shall be responsible for preparing the faculty for programme reviews conducted by the Quality Assurance Unit (CQA), coordinating the preparation of action plan in response to the programme review (PR) recommendations and the monitoring of the progress of the implementation of the action plan.
- The IQAC shall submit recommendations to uplift the status of the faculty based on stakeholder feedbacks, public survey statistics and other information.
- IQAC shall provide information requested by the CQA in order to operate its activities efficiently.
- IQAC shall cooperate with the CQA in reviewing and monitoring the quality of academic programmes, research and services provided by faculties.
The committee comprised of permanent academic staff members, the Dean and the Senior Assistant Registrar/Assistant Registrar of the FAHS. A suitable Chairperson shall be selected from among the IQAC members and be appointed by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board. Dean shall participate as ex-officio while the Senior Assistant Registrar/Assistant Registrar (SAR/AR) shall be the secretary of the IQAC.
- Prof. Imendra Kotapola, Dean, FAHS – Ex-officio
- Dr. Nirmala Rathnayake – Chairperson, Senior Lecturer, Department of Nursing
- Ms. GHC Nadeeshani – Secretary, Assistant Registrar
- Dr. Kalani Gunawardene- Immediate Past Chairperson of IQAC, Senior Lecturer, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Dr. Harshini Peiris, Head, Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Deputy Senior Student Counselor
- Dr. Bimba Wickramachchi – Head, Department of Nursing
- Ms. Kanchana Wijkesekara - Head, Department of Pharmacy
- Dr. Thushari Bandara, Immediate Past Head, Senior Lecturer, Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- Dr. Sujeewa Hettiehwa, Immediate Past Head, Senior Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy
- Ms. Eranthi Weeratunga, Immediate Past Head, Senior Lecture, Department of Nursing
- Dr. Aruna Dissanayake, Chairperson/Curriculum Development & Evaluation Committee/ Senior Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy
- Ms. Vindya Pathiraja, Faculty Coordinator for English Programme, Senior Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy
- Dr. Sewwandi Subasingha, Senior Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy
- Mr. Thilina Abeygunasekara, Senior Lecturer, Department of Nursing
- Dr. Nirosha Sandamali, Senior Lecturer, Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- Mr. Nishantha Gamage, Senior Assistant Librarian
- Mr. Harshana Prasad Kumara, Assistant Network Manager
*Chairperson and all the other members are appointed by the Senate on the recommendation of Faculty Board of FAHS.
TOR of the IQAC of AHS is adapted from the by-laws of the CQA of University of Ruhuna
Click here to download the TOR.
Call for papers - Quality Assurance Sessions /2022
Click here to download guidlines.
Dr. R H M P N Rathnayake
Mrs G H C Nadeeshani