Technology Transfer Cell (TTC) is the committee established under the purview of the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) of the university to encourage and facilitating for invention and innovation of students and academic staff of the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences (FAHS), University of Ruhuna. TTC was established in the year 2018 and the main role of the TTC is to function as the connecting body between Technology Transfer Office (TTO) of University of Ruhuna and innovators of the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences (FAHS) and to facilitate the staff and students to translate new and innovative research into commercially viable products or services.
Vision of the Technology Transfer Cell (TTC)
To advance the process of transformation of knowledge and skills of University's academic scientific discoveries, technological innovations, and medical advances for upgrade country economy quality of life by enhancing societal benefit within Southern province and across the nation. TTO manages inventions from all the disciplines and promotes potential patenting or licenses of Ruhuna University technologies to industry partners from Sri Lankan and International industry partners
Mission of Technology Transfer Cell (TTC)
To ensure that the research and development efforts of the researchers in University of Ruhuna result in the products and services which will increase the quality of lives of people in the world, help to create new jobs & companies, and increase the competitive advantage of Sri Lanka in the international markets.
The TTC of the FAHS shall commit to establish and improve following Criteria.
- Enhance the positive attitudes of academic members and undergraduate students towards technology transfer and commercialization
- Involve in active screening of potential products for patenting or commercialization in the faculty
- Encourage faculty staff members and students for the development, disclosure and protection of the University intellectual properties in the faculty
- Involve in continuous education in technology transfer stream in the faculty
- Support research partnerships to commercialize the inventions from the faculty members through TTO
- Maintain documentation of monthly activities of the TTC
- Provide information requested by the TTO and cooperate with TTO in order to operate its activities efficiently.
- Facilitate the process of ‘Technology transfer’, also called transfer of technology (ToT); the process of transferring (disseminating) technology from the person or organization that owns or holds it to another person or organization.
Members of Technology Transfer Cell, FAHS, UoR
TTC is consisted of seven (07) members including the Departments of Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science and Nursing. Founder members of the TTC were,
- Dr. SK Hettihewa – Chairperson
- Ms. KDSV Karunanayaka – Deputy Chairperson
- Dr. P. Wijesisiriwardane – Secretary
- Dr. HWAS Subasinghe – Member
- Ms. ADSS Karunanayaka - Member
|Name||Picture||Brief Description||Contact Details|
|Ms. K.D.S.V. Karunanayaka||
Lecturer, BPharm (UoP, SL), M.Phil in Pharmaceutical Sciences (UoR, SL) Department of Pharmacy, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)718258048
|Ms. A.D.S.S. Karunanayaka||
Senior Lecturer BSc (Hons) Nursing (USJ, SL), MPhil (Ruh. SL), RN Department of Nursing, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)718703530
|Dr. P. Wijesiriwardhana||
Senior Lecturer, B.Sc. (Hons) MLS (UoP, SL), M.Sc. Experimental Biotechnology (UoP, SL), Ph.D (UoC, SL) Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)701610257
|Dr. KB Gunawardane||
Senior Lecturer B.Sc. (Hons) (UoP, SL), M.Sc. Analytical chemistry (UoP, SL), Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry (USA) Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)702721122
|Mr. NC Gunarathne||
Lecturer (Probationary), Sc (Hons) Physio (Col), BSc (Hons) P&O, Dip Sports & Ex Scie, HSPC (UK), ISPO Dean’s Office, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)783585819
|Dr. NDD Silva||
Lecturer (probationary), B.Pharm. (UoR, SL),Ph.D. in Chemical Biology (Chulabhorn Graduate Institute, Thailand) Department of Pharmacy, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)711135186
|Ms. K.J.M.D. Tharanga||
Lecturer (Probationary) BSc (Hons) Nursing (USJP, SL), RN, Pg Basic Dip in Ward Management & Supervision Department of Nursing, FAHS, UoR
Contact No: (+94)714423554
There is common Terms of References (ToR) for every faculty in the University of Ruhuna under the shade of TTO
Click here to download the TOR.
News & Events
- It was successfully organized an “Awareness session on Technology Transfer Cell (TTC) Activities by Technology Transfer Cell, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Ruhuna via zoom platform on 26th June 2021.
- It was held a special meeting with Director/TTO to discuss and finalize the action plan for 2022/2023 on 19th August 2022.
- It was successfully organized an “Awareness Workshop on Intellectual Property Policy and Commercializing Innovative Products/Processes” by Technology Transfer Cell, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Ruhuna physically on 20th October 2022.
- It is going to be held the 1st Annual General Meeting to establish the Innovation Club in Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, UoR.
Ms. KDSV Karunanayaka