Guidelines for Abstract Submission– RuFARS - 2021
- 1. Abstract should be written in a structured format under the following headings;
- 2. Word limit for the abstract is 300 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations).
- 3. The abstract should be submitted in Microsoft Word template provided, using the following formatting.
Title: (max 100 characters/two rows, Times New Roman 12, bold, centered, only the first letter of the
first word of the title should be capitalized. All other words should be in lowercase except for
proper nouns and abbreviations.
The font sizes and styles for the title, names of authors, affiliations, should be included using the format
in the given template.
Authors’ names (10 points, centred) are written with family name followed by initials with dots.
Authors are marked with superscripts when belonging to different institutions. If all authors have
the same affiliation, superscript numerals are not used. Authors’ affiliations (10 points, italic,
centred) are written in separate rows when there are more than one. The name of the presenting
author should be underlined.
The corresponding author should be identified with a # sign above the author’s name and his/her email address should be provided as indicated in the template (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(10 points, font type “Times New Roman”).
Body of the abstract: (in structured format as indicated in template, 10 points, font type; Times New
Roman, line spacing – single)
Margins (Top, Bottom and Right -2.5 cm each, left - 3 cm)
- 4. Maximum five key words should be mentioned at the end of the abstract.
- 5. Abbreviations should be well defined at the first time it is used.
- 6. If scientific terms of organisms, botanical names, etc., are included, they should be written in italics.
If common vernacular names follow the scientific name, they should be included in parentheses.
- 7. Research grants can be only acknowledged at the end of the abstract under a heading
- 8. Abstracts should be submitted before
31st of May 2021 15th of June 2021.
- 9. One author can submit maximum of three abstracts.
- 10. All abstracts should be submitted in English language without grammar and spelling mistakes.
- 11. Mode of presentation will be decided based on the reviewer comments received.
- 12. If the eligible author is not available to make the presentation at the session, the corresponding author
will be blacklisted from the RuFARS of University of Ruhuna for a period of 3 (Three) consecutive
years, and a notification about the blacklisting will be sent to the relevant institution. Details of these
abstracts will be published in the proceedings of the next immediate RuFARS.
- Download :- Abstract Format- RuFARS 2021
- Download :- Abstract Template -RuFARS 2021
- Download :- Author Declaration Form – RuFARS 2021
- Download :- Author Information Sheet- RuFARS 2021
- Download :- Final-Guideline for submission of abstracts -RuFARS 2021
- Download :- Guideline for Submission of Full Papers -RuFARS 2021
Joint Secretary - RuFARS 2021
Ms J.A.N. Sandamali
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
University of Ruhuna
Telephone (Office) : +94 91 223 2896 / 4676
Telephone (Mobile) : +94 75 941 1622